Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Still Sore

It's Tuesday, two days after my last soccer game and I am still sore. Saturday didn't go as well as I would have liked. Three corner kicks later and Mad Dog finally scored. It was not devastating, but seeing RipTide has difficulty putting the ball in the net, it was a bit disappointing. We started slow. Some blame it on the heat, but I cannot pinpoint the problem. I did have a few cocktails on Friday night. Nothing excessive, but I needed to let loose after completing two applications last week.

On Sunday, I agreed to help Jenna in her 7v7 match before my 3 pm game. What I didn't realize was that I was committing to a double header with no subs before a 90 minute match. A month ago, I would have been happy to help, but after my ankle tweak, my gym time has subsided and almost become nonexistent. Luckily, I didn't have to run too hard. ;) I had a couple nice stops, but overall, did not feel like much of a contributing party. After two fifty minute games, I headed straight for the Polo Fields. I had time to tighten my brace and finish warming up. The game started a bit late and we must have been moving slow because the other team scored immediately. We answered back quickly. They scored again, and that was the last ball they'd get through. Seany-Mac scored from slightly past half field. It was a bit of a lame goal, but hey, keeper was off his line. Then Tim got mad and scored another 3. At the end of the day, we put seven goals in their net. I think that was fair. Still undefeated!

No comments: