Monday, August 09, 2010

Spoiled in Chicago

It is hard to believe that I'm starting week 11 of my post business school occupation. Most internships are roughly this long!

I flew up to Chicago on July 30th for another market visit. This time I stayed the weekend as I worked Friday and Monday/ Tuesday out of the downtown market office. Half-kidding as the notice was extremely late, I invited my mom on Monday to meet me in Chicago on Friday. Needless to say, it all worked out!

We took my coworker to dinner on Friday night, where we indulged in steak, scallops, wine and chocolate covered strawberries. After another bottle of wine in the bar, the three of us ventured to the House of Blues, walking through a staged street for the next Transformers.

Saturday kicked off with a couple errands and then I met mom at Nordstrom. We lucked out as it was Nordstrom's anniversary sale. Little did I know, mom had plans to update a handful of my work clothes. Given that I started work so early, she considered this the shopping/ graduation trip we never did. A couple new suits, shirts and a raincoat, and I'm ready for another couple months of work!

Beyond shopping, we walked, ate, drank and had an absolutely fabulous time. I even convinced mom to return to Chicago once the boy gets settled, albeit I ought to plan that trip before or after winter.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: