Monday, June 27, 2011

June 23, 2012

This is a long overdue post...

June 23, 2012 is the day my family is going to grow by one. During the 6th race of the Kentucky Derby, my little brother put on his serious face and asked his then girlfriend to marry him. She of course said yes between many hugs and kisses. I felt very special to be a witness and the boy took many fabulous pictures.

Given that my family loves any excuse to celebrate, mom quickly took the weekend the BF and I picked to go home as the perfect date for an engagement party. I met the the soon-to-be in-laws. Funny enough, most of them have names that start with J (including my brother's fiancee). One of the mother's sisters prided herself on marrying someone without a name that started with J and she has subsequently added other letters to the beginning of her children's names.

I saw friends of my brother's that might as well be brothers to me. It amazes me how time flies. One of them actually gave my brother an engagement photo which was a photo of the two of them as kids. I'm guessing elementary school and my brother, pricelessly, had a shirt on that said his childhood name (think, Jimmy as a kid, Jim as an adult). Makes me think I should go digging through my old photos as a long time friend of mine from middle school also ties the knot on June 23, 2012 (and unfortunately, I had to decline the invite to be a bridesmaid).

I'm constantly amazed how fast time flies. It's hard to think that soon enough I will cross the big 3-0. Sometimes I still feel like a kid, but then I realize I'm not. I have plenty of friends that are married and have kids of their own. Meanwhile, my little brother is growing up and getting married. WOW. Congrats NBH! I love you.

No comments: