Tuesday, September 05, 2006


Another successful weekend with too much drinking, new friends, and 100+ photos. The weekend kicked off with an uneventful flight to Baltimore, MD. I managed to leave all my "liquids" at home and back just a wheelie. Mackenzie picked me up from the airport and we head back to her humble abode on Capitol Hill! We decided to hang out low key Friday night having a couple beers and watching "About a Boy" because of Mack's infatuation with Hugh Grant. Good movie!

The morning started off with Jimmy T's, a hole in the wall diner not too far from Mack's. Her roommate Crissy joined us as well. I will admit my pancakes were a little toasted, but good nonetheless. Amanda came down from Delaware for the afternoon. It'd been 2 years, and it felt like yesterday. We retreated to the apt and go ready to go to the Rhino Bar in Georgetown, it was barely 2 pm. We arrived a few minutes before the OSU kick off and just in time to get a pitched of beer. We were all toasty by 4 pm… and continued drinking through the entire game. The pitcher was never dry for more than a few minutes. We headed back to Mack's after that game to "pre-party" for the Notre Dame game. I started on the water for the lull. Amanda took off because she had to work the next morning. Crissy, Mack, and I decided it was going to be a dress night.

The Notre Dame game had barely commenced and we took off to the Metro. There was a cute guy that the girls were talking to, too bad neither one of them gave him his number. I was definitely close to doing it for them, but decided it wasn't my business. The walk from the Metro was a little further than I was expecting, although I have done worse. We went to Blue Gin and all got cocktails. Needless to say, those were our last cocktails of the night being barely 10 pm. We danced our tooshies off. Mack and I were on the table for a spell. Some of Mack's guy friends came and met up with us. Good times. Around 1 am we decided it was time for "dinner" – Johnny Rockets, here we come! Food never tasted so good. We cabbed it back to the house, and pasted out.

Sunday started later than Saturday. We took the Metro to China Town and had lunch at Clyde's. We walked around in circles for a while and headed to the Portrait Museum. Definitely some cool pictures, although my fav would have to be the license plates that were all run together to form a version of the Preamble to the Constitution. After some more circles we all decided it was time for a nap. We napped for about an hour and started getting ready for another night on the town.

Sunday night was a clear 72* and just perfect. We heard to the Georgetown Harbor and hung out at a bar along the waterfront. Having not eaten since lunch, again, Crissy and I started with cocktails. After the first, we were both feeling it a little. Mack quickly switched from beer to catch up. Around midnight we decided it was time to switch locations… we were off to Adam's Morgan. We went to Tom Toms for some dancing and more drinks. I ended up in a dance off with some chick, had to show her she wasn't as good as she thought. At the end of the song, all HER girls were like "you won, you won"… the guy closest to me put up my hand and the rest of the crowd cheered. Wonder who the real winner was? ;) Crissy's friend Clint came and joined us at the bar for some good times. Bar closed at 2 am and it was time for JUMBO SLICE!! The pizza slice was HUGE! I would say the equivalent of 3 "normal" slices, although grubby after drinking. Clint thought it was funny to put Parmesan cheese on our slices, with the first bite we found out it was actually GARLIC! DOH… I am sure we all had lovely breath.

I had consciously packed most of my stuff before we left for the bars. I changed when we got back to the apt and we continued to drink beer. I got the call at 3:45 am reminding me that my shuttle should be there in 30 min…. we played iPod DJ for a while and sure enough I had just finished brushing my teeth after my final beer at 4:15 am. Whoa, I was still definitely drunk! Lol I made it to the airport and through security with no problems. I was home by 10:30 am and I must admit, food tasted good! GREAT weekend! 3 more days til COLORADO! :o)

No comments: