Monday, August 31, 2009

Club Fair

Today is Darden's school-wide club fair. Last year, at this event I had a friend and SY tell me to join them all! As I forked over cash for tuition, health insurance, first year cases and various required texts, I couldn't bring myself to purchase memberships to all of Darden's clubs. I chose a select few and while those clubs were sufficient for my needs, in retrospect, I should have joined them all!

The benefit of most clubs is the resume book that gets sent to corporate recruiters. Talk about an easy way to be on everyone's radar at once. In addition, you can get your funds back from many clubs in the form of alcohol-sponsored networking events. Clubs like LASA and GLAD throw phenomenal annual parties. Building Goodness in April is a great way to get involved with the community and Darden Follies is a staple that gets better every year. Last year, Professor Clawson's head was shaved to look like Professor Snell.

The greatest aspect of clubs is that you don't have to be involved, if you don't want or have time. Check 'em out here.

No comments: