Wednesday, May 28, 2008

And I'm Back!

Home sweet home! There is nothing like returning to the humble abode after 5 days somewhere else. It truly makes you appreciate the comfort of home...and the kitchen! :) As much as I enjoy eating out, I love a home cooked meal at the end of the day. (It's cheaper too)

Colorado was a true whirlwind and I enjoyed every minute. Do you ever look at your friends and think, wow, I'm lucky? Because after this past trip, that's exactly how I feel. One of my best friends from middle school moved to CO my senior year to attend Boulder. She graduated a year later and has been in CO ever since. Though I was not the only factor, I was definitely a contributing one. So when she tells me it's the best decision she ever made, I not only feel partly responsible, but also feel truly happy that she is doing so well.

Additionally, I saw my best guy friend, with whom I don't talk much these days as we always seem to play phone tag, and my old roommate, who is always a riot to be around. I finally spent some time with my friend B's BF, which is good as they will likely get married in the upcoming years. Between going out with friends, partying in Washington Park and relaxing on the couch, the trip was successful.

I also ran the BolderBoulder which is (apparently) the largest timed race in the country. It was only a 10K, but given my ankle problems over the last month and thus lack of exercise, it definitely wasn't easy. I was definitely happy with my time of 56 min for 6.2 mi at altitude (over a mile high). It felt good to be back in Boulder. My memories there are some of the best of my life.

Next up... St Thomas on June 7th - 15th.

Looks like I will be shipping my car given the new travel plans for my friend's wedding. The family is also pushing for me to join them in Germany on the 26th of June for 2 weeks. It sounds fabulous, but I'm hesitant. I do want to attend the Forte Conference and I do want to spend time in Boston. I know these seem like silly decisions, but for whatever reason, they're hard for me.

PS. I love my orange pen from Darden. It makes me smile.

4 comments:

TienyChesney said...

Hey! Thanks for the kind (and helpful) words. Maybe I should be handing you a bag of loot instead of my admissions consultant hehe. I'm honored that such a famed blogger as yourself would take time to comment on my turd of a blog :P

You know, after reading some of your posts, I'm really happy for you. It seems like you're in a really happy place in your life right now and why not? Good friends, no job, good school coming up... grRrrRRrR! Jealous. Lemme know if you're ever in DC. I'll buy you a drink :P

TienyChesney said...

And P.S. I'm really happy with my Lenovo T61. It's company-issued and I've only had it for 7 months though, so maybe it will suck under different circumstances (e.g. 5 more months from now). But right now, it works like a dream. Like a JulyDream as it were. Death to Dell!

Ameya said...

Life seems to be going great!!! Hey btw, are you on flickr?

JulyDream said...

I have a Flickr account (I think), but don't use it much.