Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Graduation

The last three days have been a blur. My family arrived in Charlottesville on Saturday evening. We met my boyfriend's family for dinner - a total of 13 of us. It went quite well given that was the first time everyone had met. Ivy Inn, a restaurant that is one of the many recruiting staples, did a fabulous job! I was initially worried by the 5 course price fix though the portions were good size and I actually didn't feel sick after dessert.

Sunday morning I attended the entire UVA graduation on the lawn. Though a cool experience, the ceremony was long and a little boring. The heat likely didn't help either as we were all preparing for rain. That afternoon, Darden also held their diploma ceremony. Not only am I now a graduate of the Darden School of Business, but I am also the proud holder of a piece of paper that says Faculty Award for Academic Excellence. I graduated in the top 10 percent of the class (which I only found out when my name was called). It is funny how you're entire mind goes blank when they call your name to receive the diploma. In the audience, you notice the extra woo hoos when names are called. Though on stage I heard nothing but the couple faint words the dean spoke as he shook my hand.

Sunday evening consisted of 5 classmates and their families at my boyfriend's for dinner. It was a great way to end an incredible two years.

After the long day of festivities, I woke early to pack my car. By 11.30a I was on I-64 West, headed for Louisville. Last night, I arrived to my new residence for the next 9 months - corporate housing in downtown Louisville. And now that I'm done with breakfast, I'm off to my first day at work.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

KT said...

top 10% Thats awesome..how u managed soccer, blogging and studying???..soccer skills with brains...cool combo :) ...

congrats on becoming a Darden Alum .... and all da best for your future endeavours.....

Elizabeth Dark said...

congrats!!! hard to believe you're graduated and already at work. sounds like you had a great weekend, though, and good luck with the next step!!