Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pushback

I feel like my boss and I have been on completely different pages lately. I can't tell if I've simply "checked out" or he's being unreasonable with his requests. Am I not doing my job as I should? Or is he making unfair assumptions? Though I don't want to taint the four year experience I've had, I'm getting more frustrated by the day and thus more apathetic to tasks at hand. Performance could have been ready on Monday, but I've been slow to put myself in gear and finally finished the numbers today. More time is spent on researching venues for my party than setting up 3 new accounts in our portfolio management system. In the end, I don't enjoy my position anymore and each task is worse than pulling teeth. The fact that my boss and I have difficulty communicating is icing on the cake. I swear we're playing telephone every time each of us tries to explain something. Granted, the important projects are completed and far before they need to be and I'm not abnormally lazy, but my plate is empty and deadlines are practically non-existent. Plus as much as I didn't believe that DST affects me, I've had to retract that thought as I've been exhausted all week even though I go to bed "early".

4 comments:

Achilles said...

yeah i know i have been away from my blog for long now ...sure will keep posting now...

2 weeks on a cruise... i am jealous :)

Plans - hey you just gave me an idea - i will make a post for this now....will post soon :)

Mo Zhou said...

ah... bosses. I wonder if they all share the same brain or they go to the same boss school. I seriously think the best motivation to fell as excited as them for whatever things they do. Help them to help you. That's what I do when I sponsor projects, I rarely ask what have they done, always what do they need, I think it motivates them to move forward. Well... you will be gone soon. If they are not excited for you, just do the bare-minimum. Just suck it up for couple months. :P Then.... FREEDOM!

oh... thank you for your confidence in my candidacy. I think it's going to be a fantastic year with couple roller coaster rides.

Unknown said...

umm, excuse me, is your boss the same as mine? cos they sounded alike. anyway, I agree with happybunny, you should def suck it up! only a few months, you'll get through it easily. keep on visualizing about your trip & meeting new friends!

Wingman said...

Ha! I hear ya - I think Darden should give us a stipend so we don't have to work after getting admitted :)