Saturday, November 15, 2008

Connected

I am one of the members of the minority who refuse to be super connected to the world, which means, I don't own a blackberry, iPhone, Trio or any other device that would keep me connected to my email 24 hours a day. I know that the life of constant connection is on the horizon as my job prospects wouldn't have it any other way, but in the meantime, I enjoy the fact that I walk away from the computer and I don't know what is going on. However, that said, when the computer goes on a fritz due to the Darden mail server being overloaded, all hell breaks loose! I've been without constant email access for 2 full days and even now, I've only managed a temporary fix. Granted, Darden as a whole is in the same boat, so I suppose I haven't missed much in the form of school communication, but my emails regarding recruiting sat in my outbox for a couple days. Indeed, it may not matter much to those receiving the letters, but I pride myself with being prompt and these definitely were the opposite. Hopefully regular communication will resume shortly.

No comments: