Thursday, August 02, 2007

Busy Living

I looked at this today and realized it's been days since my last post and even then, the last post was nothing more than some quotes I like. Life has been busy. I finally feel rested. I hadn't been to bed before 11 pm in almost two weeks when I decided that yesterday was the night. The market was all over the place and thus provided a very stressful day at work. I went to the gym, but kept the work out to some strength training. Dinner offered by the fam was Chinese, so I opted to make spaghetti. I grew up on pasta, but don't eat it nearly as much as I did. I'll admit, it hit the spot. After dinner, I jumped into bed and watched the rest of FlightPlan, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Finally I drifted off sometime after 8 pm. It was GREAT! I woke with a little bounce in my step. :D

That boring day does not top my Saturday soccer girls night out! We'd been planning a girls night out for a couple weeks. The first email sent was a save the date. The correspondence after that was discussion as to where we wanted to go and what we wanted to eat. Eva took the reigns on food and I added us to some guest lists. We decided to start at Roe. Now I've been to Roe many times, but it's never been quite as dead as it was on Saturday night. Even the hip hop floor was dead. Either way, we danced until 12 am there. It was a good warm up and nice to have LOTS of room. Le Coloniel followed Roe. We lost a few people on our way over and even more as the night progressed. 2 am struck and I was left with the troopers - Jenna and Shauna. They, like I, were not ready to escape yet, so we went to an after hours party. Turns out both Shauna and I knew people there. It's a rather small world. We danced there until 4 am. Returning to my house, we raided the pantry full of girl scout cookies. The girls opened 4 different boxes - just what we needed at 5 am. Everyone was in bed sub 5:30 am and up by 9:30 am. Jenna had 2 games starting at 10 am. My game started at 10:30 am and I ended up playing back to back games - totaling 160 minutes. Talk about dead, but the day wasn't over yet. I had to go to a housewarming party for my friend Crystal. Even after the lack of sleep and exhausting day, I still didn't make it to bed until 11 pm. OUCH!

I guess I've just been busy living! :D

No comments: