Friday, August 03, 2007

Horrible Person

What constitutes a horrible person? Immediately murder, vandalism, and an infliction of physical pain or destruction of property come to mind. But can you be horrible without meaning to be? Is there a line between selfish and horrible that blends? Today I simply feel like a horrible person. I've unintentionally hurt the people I care about most and I feel that sorry isn't enough. I wish I had the chance to show them that I can change, but perhaps you only deserve one chance.

People make mistakes. It's only human, but at what point can you forgive those mistakes. Are mistakes in one realm different from those in another? Is it easier to forgive the people you care most about? Or is it harder to forgive those people because you hold them to a higher standard and put more effort into them?

I've made my fair share of mistakes, impacting my life as well as others. And today it's those mistakes that remind me I'm not perfect, but perhaps perfectly flawed. Sorry never seems to be enough, but I don't know what else to say. I can't change the past, I can only work on the future.

No comments: