Saturday, February 21, 2009

Snowshoe

Number of kegs brought to the cabin: 5
Number of people crashing in the cabin: 50
Number of people who had cellphone reception at the cabin: 0

Number of times the girls beat the boys in flip-cup: 8
Number of times the boys beat the girls in flip-cup: 0

As much as Snowshoe is about coming to West Virginia to ski, it's also about relaxation and the company of fellow Darden students. The mountain itself is absolutely backwards in my opinion. For a west coast skier, I never imagined that you'd start at the top of the mountain and ski down, before sitting on a chairlift. At Vail, you are scanned every time you hit the bottom. Here, there is a person who scans tickets, but doesn't stop everyone. Needless to say, I never had my ticket scanned, odd. Unfortunately, my first day of skiing was cut short by a recurring knee problem, which was the exact reason I had quick skiing 3 years ago. It's hard to pinpoint what was different this trip versus New Years in Vail because there are many factors to consider. All I know is, instead of skiing today, I'm sitting in Starbucks, catching up on a blog post.

Last night was definitely a good time. The lodge had a giant common area and the organizer made sure we had party music, beer, games and fun, all night long. We even blew a circuit breaker. It took us a while to find the breaker box because each room had its own, so we eventually plugged the equipment in on the other side of the room. The craziness ensued when 3 tables were moved to the center of the lodge for flip cup. Unfortunately, it seems the boys need a little more practice. My beer-pong team managed to lose 3 straight... of which I will take most the blame. This trip was a fantastic time with great company, good food, and lots of laughs. Nothing beats jack-dog (who is literally a dog) trying to hump the girls sitting on the couch.

No comments: