Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Exams: Day Deux

Besides the fact that I had no idea what was going on in my strategy final today, I suppose it went well. Sometimes the vague questions don't give me enough direction. Of course, that's likely the point.

In other news, I received another interview invite for Friday, which I happily accepted. I spent some time last night trying to figure out what was the "right" way to tell last night's interviewing team that should I warrant a second round, Friday was no longer available. It's a thin line to walk as I don't want to sound pushy because that wasn't the case at all, though, I did want to give them the update or option should they want it.

I crashed a few minutes sub-9pm last night. I was exhausted after the exam and 2 interviews. I think the sleep is helping my cold and demeanor. However, going to bed early meant that I didn't make this important decision as to how to approach the interview on the table as well as a hopeful second round. Needless to say, this all came to a head about 10am this morning, in the middle of my exam. I had to wait until at least 7am west coast time before I could call the family and by then, I had to speak with mom and dad, individually, twice. Dad put it best, a bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush. Although they were a good help, I'm sure the 30 minute break didn't help my focus on the exam.

Nonetheless, I'm off to Atalanta on Friday...

No comments: