Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NAWMBA Dinner

Last night, Darden's National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA) hosted their annual Women in Business dinner. This dinner is all about recognizing the achievements of women in business as well as the challenges women still face. Further, the event gives women a chance to network with representatives of companies. Platinum sponsors included Accenture, Danaher, Progressive and Target, all of whom had a panel representative. Other sponsors included Harris Williams, Deustche Bank, JP Morgan, BB&T, M&T Bank and Deloitte Consulting.

It always amazes me when we get Darden women together. The talent and drive is unlike anything I've seen before, even compared to my women's group in San Francisco. I managed a couple good touch points with some people from a company in whom I am interested. However, I also had an unexpected touch point in a company I had written off last year when banking didn't work out. It fascinates me how second year can be vastly different from first year as here I am deciding my FUTURE. In contrast with the non-committal nature of internship recruiting.

I would like to give a shout-out to the NAWMBA leadership for a job well done last night. The event was spectacular.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thanks! Glad to hear you had a good time!