Saturday, January 26, 2008

Status

I must have checked my email over a dozen times yesterday, I checked again this morning, and nothing. I started to wonder why schools have deadlines if they don't stick to them. Thus, I signed on to the Georgetown website looking for a sign - of any sort. When I scrolled ALL THE WAY to the end of the homepage, I saw, your decision is available. Did I actually miss this when I checked yesterday?? I'm not sure, but maybe it doesn't matter. I opened the letter looking for the final words, but found that instead, I'm being offered a place on their WAITING LIST. I suppose it's better than an outright ding and maybe my essays made up for what I feel was my worst interview. Though honestly, I'm a bit perplexed and am not sure how I feel at this moment. My mood is almost that of a person who shrugs their shoulders and takes a step forward. This is not timely considering my job would like more definite answers, however, I can't provide them. Crossing my fingers that the last one works out. Cheers.

4 comments:

Metal said...

One thing you can do from your side is to keep in touch with the Ad Com about your latest developments/progress. This will improve your chances. Keep the hope alive.Cheers

Anonymous said...

yup, WL's better than getting dinged anyday! All the best for Darden in 4 days

Unknown said...

Paige, i'm rooting for you!.. there's a Waitlist Best Practice Compilation here: http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t57306

Maybe that'll be helpful to you :-)

Keep the faith!! And all the very best for Darden!!!

Achilles said...

i got waitlisted at Ross :(

Will keep you updated if you like on what all i am doing on it...

i really want to get off from WL status to an admit :)

hope you also are able to make it an admnit.....ATB