Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Don't Like Coffee

But I'll admit, the grounds smell very good. As I close on my 4 year anniversary, which I will never actually celebrate, it's funny to think that even after this long in the financial services industry, I don't drink coffee. When I started, my bosses were stunned and said they'd give me three months before I indulged in Peet's Major Dickason's blend. Never happened.

It's ironic that I'm also attending a school known for their recess named First Coffee. Though luckily, I found they also serve tea and hot cocoa. I supposed I can understand the addiction to Starbucks, only because I did frequent the corner stores on a cold weekend in NY. However, as soon as I returned to the trusty arms of the Bay Area, I stopped. This morning I was entertained as the radio blasted about Starbuck's 12,601 second shut down last night. This must be madness they chirped. For those like me, I'm sure it's a bit difficult to understand what all the fuss is about. It's just coffee, yet I wouldn't want to see any of my co-workers without it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Paige, new blog look? Looks nice & sleek :-)