Monday, February 25, 2008

Recovery

I can't figure out if I'm still hungover, overly tired or simply out of it. Yesterday, I spent all day in bed with short spells on consciousness, but I promise, it was for good merit. Saturday night was one of my wildest in a long time. About a month ago, I planned a trip to Vegas for 12 hours, which included 9 girls for a friend's birthday. Tickets were dirt cheap and I have a friend whose company puts together entertainment packages, ie. VIP hosted entry to a club and limo to/from the airport. It makes the logistics so much easier than trying to find 3 cabs for every stop we make and wait an additional 2 hours to get into a busy nightclub.

San Francisco weather caused our flight to be delayed by an hour. On one hand, it was good to have time to eat before the adventure, but on the other, it cut down our already tight schedule. As soon as we landed in Vegas, we met our limo at passenger pick-up. Our hostess had stocked the limo with our requested alcohol and drinks were immediately mixed. First stop - Stratosphere to see Dean, a San Francisco native now bartender at Polly Esther's. When we arrived, I leaned over to the birthday girl and said, I have one more surprise, she looked at my in fright and I told her I'd let her know in about 20 minutes. Knowing me, she was skeptical, but I assured her it was nothing bad. Twenty minutes later, my phone rang, I grabbed her and walked straight to the lobby. I was walking quite fast and she was a bit confused, then Linds saw us and walked straight over, the birthday girl fell to her knees and almost started crying. I couldn't have asked for a better reaction to having one of our close friends fly in from Colorado.

That night we went to LAX at Luxor. Picking a meeting place at the beginning of the night proved to be genius. We all met at 3:30 am and headed to breakfast after 4 hours of drinking and dancing. The limo was out front around 5 am and as far as I know, our 6:25 am flight took off on time. I don't think any of us were awake during the flight. Definitely a great adventure, but not one I could repeat on a consistent basis.

1 comment:

Mo Zhou said...

oh WoW. I miss Vegas. miss late night 1-2 nolimit, cheap downtown blackjack, crazy clubbing time.