Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd

Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd, you know what it means, but perhaps you don't realize that you do. How about this, Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd? Or let's make it one simpler, IKEA. It's a brand that you know and recognize. It's a great place for fairly inexpensive furniture and home accessories. But without the acronym, you have no idea what I'm writing about.

I found that personally, I could give the full name for designer brands that I've been in constant contact. However perhaps that's because those designers tend to variably use the abbreviation for the name as well as the full name. It's companies such as CVS and 3M that although quite recognizable, without a list of choices I wouldn't get close to the actual name of the company. And even with choices, I missed.

Test your knowledge here: Company Abbreviations Quiz

No comments: