Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Turf Shoes

It is about time that I purchase a pair of turf shoes. When I started playing indoor in Colorado, we wore cleats. The field was new and quite nice. Not to mention, cleats worked quite well on it. Three years ago I moved back to California and had to find a new indoor arena. The place I chose wasn't quite as nice or new as my original field, but it is close to home.

I bought a new pair of "women's" indoor shoes. They were the first of their kind and the sales guy didn't actually know if they were better, but I figured I'd try them. Needless to say, they've held up quite well. I only fall on my bottom once or twice a game. ;)

Recently, I've played a few games of outdoor on turf fields. Although, because it is outdoor, I tend to wear cleats. I haven't figured out if they grip any better than the indoor shoes, but again, thus far, they've worked.

Lately however, I've decided it's time to invest in a pair of true turf shoes. I have two bad ankles and play enough soccer to justify the cost. Here's the ultimate problem, I have no idea what to buy. I've thought about popping into my local soccer shop, but I will admit, I would like the shoes to be a bit stylish. Basically, add some color damn it! I started to browse online, but the choices are vast and my knowledge is limited. On top of which, it doesn't seem that anything is "made for women". In the end, I have no idea what the actual benefit of being made for a woman is, but the idea is nice.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

No comments: