Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Birthday

I feel loved. I really do with all the calls, texts, and comments. It's nice to have so many people that care about you. However, it all seems to weigh on me. I want this day to be over and to move on. I have no plans with anyone except myself. That seems to be a trend over the years for my actual birthday (excluding the days that surround it). The tears well up as has been the case for the better part of the last decade. I can never seem to shake them. Sometimes this seems to be the loneliest day of the year.

It's hard to believe I've made it to 25. I was asked yesterday if I'd be interested in coaching an AYSO team of 7 year olds. Honestly, I have no idea what I'd teach them. I've learned that although I'm a decent player, my soccer coaching skills are limited. I need to take a little more time to think about it. It's still funny to be that I could actually coach 7 year olds.

The GMAT is done! I still can't believe I finished and with flying colors. WOW! It's surreal. I started requesting information from various schools yesterday. I also went to the bookstore and looked at a book consisting of the best 282 business schools. I returned home to purchase the book off Amazon. Although you neglect the instant gratification, it's much cheaper than buying it in the store. I have gone from a limited number of schools to a wide range. Now I have to answer the daunting questions and figure out where I'm going to apply.

My boss has given me permission to take off when the market closes at 1 pm. I'm super excited. The day has been moving slowly and I'm just not in the mood to be here. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself, but I thought about walking along the shore. It's not sunny like it's been, but I am interested in listening to the waves crash. We'll see. Another option was to return a few things. I have jeans sitting on the floor of my room. There again, I'm not quite sure if I have the desire to go to the city. I should go to the gym and work out my ankles, yet, I'm just not feeling it. My mood seems to be dictating all my decisions. Maybe I'll just go home and take a nap. Of course that could postpone sleep tonight. Again, I just want this day to be over.

No comments: