Monday, July 09, 2007

Sleeping with my Books

I'm finally coming down the home stretch, 7 days. As I've noted before, I'm excited to get this over. I've been rocking the math with minimal mistakes, but the verbal still seems to give me problems. I am not nervous about the actual test as much as I am about taking it on a computer. I have found in my practice sessions that my eyes get weak after staring at the screen for 2 hours. I just need to focus. Take a 2 minute break in the middle and get back to it.

My books line the opposite side of my bed. I'm not trying to soak in the information through osmosis or anything, but it's a nice constant reminder of what I have to do. I was restless last night and I have a game tonight. I should be fine, but I hope not to feel tired at the end of the day when I'm supposed to be concentrating. I also play in a tournament this weekend. I haven't decided if that's good, but I think it will be nice to decompress. On top of which, I will hopefully be exhausted on Sunday and go to bed early. This way I'll be well rested by Monday morning. If my test score is consistent with my practice tests, I will be quite content. I will definitely be focusing on more problems over the week however.

Wish me luck!

No comments: