Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Some days

We all have those days that you wonder why you rolled out of bed in the morning. It's sub 8 am and I am wondering just that. I played an ad-hoc make up game last night, and I'm almost wishing I would have said no. But I never like to let a team down. I managed to catch a shot on the inside of my left foot, thus thrusting my foot back and tweaking the inside of my left ankle. This is a common problem that I've been wrestling with for the last 3-7 years. The left ankle is a recent development in the last 3 years. The last 2 months have been great. I've been lifting, running, and getting back into shape. The problem is, whenever I slightly tweak an ankle, it sets me back, not days, but months. Needless to say, I rolled out of bed to the reality of pain. I know I won't be playing for a spell.

Getting dressed for work wasn't a big deal other than the fact that I'm a bit tired from two late nights. I walked into work and was met with slight disdain. Apparently a client was a bit irritated about the excess proceeds and tax consequences of a trade. It was simply assumed that I must not have put in the correct versus purchase date and thus, we need to instill a new process to "check" on me. I've been doing this job for almost 3 years. I realize that in the beginning this thought would be an easy explanation, but at this point, I feel I'm more on top of it. Sure enough, it was found that this had nothing to do with me and the facts presented seem all but correct. I wish people would think before they start a rampage at 7 am. It definitely would have helped out my morning.

No comments: