Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wow!

First off, what a weekend. The Santa Cruz tournament was definitely a great time. Even though I probably shouldn't have been playing, I played, and had a blast. The ankle held up well and I plan on doing some exercises for it tomorrow after my test. Unfortunately the U-dogs were quite tired and thus lost in the championship game. However, the game before, we won in style. With 5 minutes left, and a score of 6-2, we rallied and tied the game at 6s. The game was quickly followed by PKs. We started with 3 players from each side. Stu managed to get a hand, a leg, or some body part on all the shots, but some of them still manged to get in. Tied at the end of 3, we kept adding players to the rotation. At number 6, I was up first. I drilled it into the back of the net, the keeper didn't even move. I didn't realize so many people were watching, but was told that it was a nice shot. I'm sure with pressure mounting, the last girl from the other team placed the ball to tie it up. She was barely on frame, hit the post, and the ball popped out, giving us the win. I'm happy to say that Celtic didn't face the same circumstances and had a blowout in their championship game. I would have liked to win a t-shirt. ;) All in all there were about 4 teams consisting of various friends from the soccer world. I couldn't have asked for a better send off before my test.

That's the other thing I want to touch on, my test. I can't believe it's tomorrow. I'm not freaking out quite as I thought I would be, but I guess there's still time for that. I guess what's on my mind even more is the next step. I need to decide where in or out of the US that I want to go to school, but more importantly, I need to decide what it is that I want to do. Everyone keeps asking and unfortunately I don't have a solid answer to their question. I'm ready for something different and I've considered a couple different realms, but I haven't picked one yet. I realize that I need to figure that out soon, but for now, I'm hoping to focus on my test and my prize, a nice cold beer.

I haven't had a sip of alcohol in almost two months. It was a personal goal of mine and I've made it. I haven't been a hermit either. I've had more sober 5 am nights in the last month than I've had drunk ones in years. It's crazy and I have to thank my friends for being so understanding. I'm ready to let loose though!

Below are some of the fun pictures from Santa Cruz, you know I can't leave my camera at home! :)

No comments: