Friday, October 12, 2007

Another Tweak

It's another Sunday on the Polo fields with Fear. The game I love so much has been a source of so much frustration and pain, but for no other reason than not being able to play. I went to pass the ball with the outside of my right foot, but hit a pothole, barely got the pass off, and quickly stepped off the field. It's official, my brace was lose and I now have another tweak. It's like notches on the belt - one more is never a good thing. I wish I had some incredible medicine that would heal the ligaments in my ankles, but all I can do is strengthen them and hope I miss that next hole.

It's been 5 days and the ankle is officially feeling better. It it wasn't for Marie and PT, I'm not sure what I'd do. She is truly a savior. I'm going to attempt to warm up in my women's game tomorrow. This is assuming the game happens with all this rainfall. I haven't quite decided if I'd rather the game be canceled or rather attempt to play. Another week would probably be a good idea for this mild sprain, but who said that I listen to good ideas. I've already decided to miss co-ed on Sunday. It's hard because I feel that I'm an important member of the Rip Tide back line. I played stopper last Saturday for the first time in years and I had a SOLID game. To go from feeling solid to injured is just frustrating.

No comments: