Monday, October 22, 2007

Michigan First Draft - DONE!

It's Monday morning and I definitely didn't want to get out of bed. It seems that I have been burning the candle at both ends lately and perhaps the ankle injury from 2 weeks ago was a bit lucky. I can't imagine trying to keep up my strenuous physical routine, essays, and sleep. Granted, I do miss the gym a bit, but thankfully, soccer provides some much needed exhaustion.

It was a gorgeous day in GG park yesterday, but unfortunately, I had to run home and get back to work on my essays. I finished three for Michigan - Ross with almost no difficulty, but the last one proved to be rather difficult. "What is your greatest professional accomplishment?" I understand the purpose of this question. It makes a lot of sense to me, but in my position, it's hard to pick my greatest professional accomplishment. I have improved processes and cut costs, but I don't feel that any one thing I have done is my "greatest" accomplishment. I chose one direction and ran with it. By the end, I'm not sure if it all made sense and more so, I'm not sure that I explained it properly in 500 words. We'll see what the reviewers say.

Tonight, I'm working on UVA - Darden essays. Their questions are a little different than your generic business school essays. At least from what I've seen. Hopefully I can knock these out as quick as the last set, although I have a feeling a little more thought will be involved.

Back to work... although I'm not in the mood. Definitely got a case of the Mondays.

"Grown-ups like numbers. When you tell them about a new friend, they never ask questions about what really matters. They never ask: "What does his voice sound like?" "What games does he like best?" "Does he collect butterflies?". They ask: "How old is he?" "How many brothers does he have?" "How much does he weigh?" "How much money does his father make?" Only then do they think they know him. "

No comments: