Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sleep is GOOOD!

I crawled into bed shortly before 8 pm last night. I was down for the count by 30 after and today I feel good. I don't quite have that I've slept forever and feel good feeling, but getting out of bed this morning was more pleasant than it was been in days. :D

Yesterday, I test drove two cars. It's hard to compare when I basically believe I have the best. Besides my "finicky" CD player, my X5 has been very good to me. When I posted here - 3 years ago, that I was getting a new car, many lashed out about what a spoiled brat I am. It's true on some level. I am spoiled, but by no means do I consider myself a brat. Lucky would be my word choice.

Anyhow, the Tribeca was nice and hugged the road. I think it still has some kinks and if Subaru keeps at it, they'll get it. On the other hand the RDX is definitely for the tech savvy. I'm addicted to gizmos and gadgets, which could be the reason I was enthralled with this car. The bluetooth is definitely a nice feature because lately, I feel that I lose my headpiece, but the car also has voice activation for EVERYTHING! You can tell it to play a CD and track number. You can instruct it to find the nearest Mexican restaurant. It is even programmed with Zagat reviews. Talk about nifty. So the downside, it's missing one of my FAVORITE things, parking sensors. I don't understand what is going on with these cars. You can get back up sensors and they install a rear camera, but they don't allow for front sensors. I guess people don't realize how efficient they are for parallel parking, especially in San Francisco.

Now what? The Acura was a nice drive, although definitely not as smooth as my BMW. The sales guy said that Acura drivers like to feel the road. I think they just don't know what it is like to not feel the road. (Personal opinion of course.) There's nothing wrong with feeling the road. I drove a Discovery for 6 years, which definitely drives like a truck. But after three years in luxury, I'm not sure I want to return to that. I have a week to decide and finish 7 essays. OUCH.


"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence."

No comments: