Monday, November 12, 2007

Kellogg Interview

So it seems my Kellogg application is officially complete. I finished the last of my requirements and interviewed with a 2000 Kellogg alum yesterday morning. Saturday night was not super late, but I didn't sleep well for various reasons. Although, even with the lack of sleep, I still managed to get out of bed and be presentable.

Jason, my interviewer, and I had set a 10:30 am appointment on Sunday morning, which I assumed was for brunch. (I don't recall if we mentioned brunch or not.) Needless to say, I was thrown off when I found that we were not eating.

The conversation started as any conversation would - talking about where we live, how our weekend had been etc... Then he said that he was going to ask me some questions. The first question was standard - walk me through your resume. So I started at the beginning.

Other questions asked:

Why Kellogg?

Why MBA? Why now?

Describe a time when you led a team?

Describe a difficult situation with a co-worker and how you resolved it?

How would your people describe you professionally or personally?

What is your preferred leadership style?

What is your greatest professional accomplishment?

Anything you want to ask me?

I wish I could say that I felt good or bad about the interview. I felt hungry more than anything though. I had expected to eat and we didn't. I guess it's simply hurry up and wait now. Here's hoping.

On another note, my Georgetown essays are in a standstill. I have no desire and no drive to write them. Instead, I slept all afternoon and night on Sunday, and Saturday I took a 3 hour nap. Of course, I'm not quite sure it was simply tiredness or perhaps, it was avoidance that kept my in bed. Either way, Georgetown is do on Nov 30th and I need to get on top of them. I also have one more application for London Business School, I plan on completing, but at the rate I'm going with my Georgetown essays, I may pass. I guess I should work on one thing at a time. I also need to get into the gym. Perhaps that is why I'm so tired and nostalgic.

1 comment:

Achilles said...

All the best to you too :)