Thursday, November 15, 2007

RTW

My brilliant plan is conditional on one thing, getting into business school. This is not another post about how I seem to freak out about my future. Instead, I am talking about my glorious future and my plan. For months, I have discussed traveling Europe before I step foot on campus, but today, I actually thought about the possibilities. Ever heard of a Round the World ticket aka RTW? There's a great post on WikiTravel describing the logistics in detail. I took some time on the Star Alliance website to design a trip leaving San Francisco that would take me to 12 destinations, 3 continents, and a final hurrah in Las Vegas for my 26th birthday. I would cover 29000 miles in a little less than 2 months. Obviously I'd put more thought into where I want to go and what I want to see before purchasing a ticket, but what an opportunity. As I'm constantly reminded, I have the means, it's a chance in a lifetime. Of course, I'm still skeptical about wearing the same clothes for 2 months.

No comments: