Friday, November 02, 2007

Sunrise...to Sunset

Three years ago, I started working in a small company. The hours were set: 7 am to 3 pm. At first, I thought I was crazy seeing I rarely woke before 7 am on any given day. I've learned to love the house and it's not very often that I stay past 3 pm. Occasionally I take off early on Fridays for the airport or just because. At the same time, I know what my duty is and when something MUST be done, I do put in the extra effort to get it completed. Yesterday was one of those days. I arrived at the office at 7 am, pitch black outside because of the change in daylight savings. We purchased two new computers and they had to be set up, so the tech guy came in around 1 pm. We worked through until 4:30 pm at which point he took off to his next job and I at to install the docks. Needless to say, I walked out of work at 6:30 pm, the sun was over the hill and the pretty colors in the sky had subsided. Granted, there was enough light to see my car, but not one of my favorite moments.

No comments: